Here I am in NC....6 days away from going to the Philippines (PI) for the start of a new journey. You see, I have planted several churches in the USA ...and have assisted many churches in the PI. (In fact, we have a healthy network in the country.) But this is trip is different. This is the first time that I will be the lead pastor at a church plant overseas.
Church planting 101 says that the primary vision carrier has to have a God-given vision for the church. Here is what I am hearing....and sensing in my heart:
* A church that is edgy....many will look at the church and wonder if its a church
* A church that embraces technology....texting...blogging...email...twitter....facebook....Friendster
* A church that reaches a generation of unchurched people....people that are turned off by the thought of "church".
*A church that is focused outward.... making a differnce in the community from day 1
*A church that loves and welcomes everyone regardless of education level...background...dress etc...
* A church that is actually fun to attend!
* A church that people will want to invite friends
* A church that enables everyone to use their talents - teaching...art...music...poetry...acting
Hmmmm.... I'm getting excited!
So.. save this blog to your favorites and check back often to see what we are up to. If you're interested in joining us, shoot me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
This Is For The Outcast…
4 days ago