Here are just a few nuggets I picked up at the Exponential Conference on the first day:
* Learn to "Self Correct" - If God corrects you in private, repent in private or you will eventually have to confess it in public.
* Learn How to Suffer - Suffering will change you, but not always for the good. You have to choose that.
* Learn to Lead Yourself to Christ - Your training was not just to "start the race" but to finish it.
Jeremiah 15:19 - This is how the LORD responds: "If you return to me, I will restore you
so you can continue to serve me. If you speak good words rather than
worthless ones, you will be my spokesman.
* The greatest test of being a servant is how we respond when we are treated like one.
Some more for you:
* Your responsibility is not a spectacular ministry but a faithful and sincere heart.
* "Ministry is messy because sin is messy."
If you are a church planter or are within the years 1-10 of your church plant... get to the Exponential Conference!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Here is a blog post from Artie Davis of Cornerstone Church. Please go to the link to see the entire post and read the comments as well. I was impacted by the faith some of the "volunteers". In the comments section, there is a person who went into the mission field by faith, without any assurance of funding. That's how you know you are truly called to do something :)